Getting to Williamsburg
By Car or School Bus
Williamsburg is 150 miles south of Washington, D.C., and roughly midway between Richmond and Norfolk on Interstate 64. General directions are below:
- From I-64, take Exit 238.
- At the second set of lights (Route 132), turn right.
- Turn right again at the next set of lights, onto Route 60, Bypass Road.
- Follow Bypass Road until it ends and intersects with Richmond Road.
- Turn left onto Richmond Road.
- Continue until you reach W&M campus on the right, and turn right onto College Terrace.
- Continue on College Terrace until the road forks, and turn left onto Gooch Drive.
- Continue on Gooch Drive to the parking lot at the back of the Sadler Center
By Mass Transit
The Amtrak station and bus station is just two blocks away from campus. You can purchase a train ticket from amtrak.com and bus tickets from greyhound.com For Delegates and Sponsors coming from the D.C. area, round-trip Amtrak tickets ordered 1-2 months in advance are roughly $60 and last minute tickets are $110 (prices may vary).Williamsburg Area Transportation can provide further convenience for moving around the city.
By Air Travel
There are two large airports in the extended Williamsburg area. Ground transportation is available through both.